Friday, December 2, 2011

Cranberry Orange Bread

I work at a bakery...all day I make yummy goodness in the form of pies and baked goods.  I grew up making banana, zucchini, and pumpkin chocolate chip bread (and make them at work at least once a week), but I've never made cranberry orange bread!  That is until today!


I can honestly say I've never bought fresh cranberries until today either!  We decided to do an experiment where we used one loaf with fresh cranberries, and one with Craisins.  In my opinion, the one with the fresh cranberries was WAY better (the loaf on the left)!


A man came into my little bakery with is grandmother's cranberry bread recipe.  So I thought this would be a fun project for my day off.  I got to looking at the recipe on the back of the cranberry packaging for cranberry bread and had a little chuckle because I didn't expect to see the exact recipe that was given to me.  Here it is!

Mix 3/4 Cup orange juice, 2 Tablespoons butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoon of grated orange rind.

In a separate bowl mix 1 Cup sugar with 1 Egg.  Then combine the two mixtures into one bowl.

Then add 2 Cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.  Mix well, and add 1 Cup fresh cranberries.  

Bake for 1 hour at 325.  So yummy!    

No comments: